A curriculum exploring the influence of pharmaceuticals and medical products marketing on patient care and drug safety.
Welcome to our curriculum. It has been divided, somewhat arbitrarily, into three sections:
Direct to consumer advertising
- We have constructed each module as a reflective exercise for adult learners.
- Each learner creates his/her own portfolio and can use his/her own goals for this topic to direct the order in which you address the subject.
- The objectives of each module are provided.
- Each module begins with your reflection on your current ideas before viewing the material using the facilitated reflection piece provided.
- The material is presented using different instructional methods, including:
- a video,
- a slide show presentation,
- the text version of an interview with an expert on the topic
- or an instructional exercise (an educational game).
- References and links to other educational websites are also incorporated.
- Choose the module of your choice.
- Read the objectives and instructions for that module.
- Complete the facilitated reflection provided to start the module.
- View the video and then review the other material provided.
- After viewing all the material, take a short quiz on the material.
- After completing the module, record your newly formed ideas on the topics via another facilitated reflection.
- Repeat this process with the other two modules.
Evidence Based Medicine
For core concepts of evidence based medicine, see review.
The material linked here is available as PowerPoints.